Prepare for the worst and hope for the best
Winter needn’t be hell on the roads – our survival guide will help you get through the time of year when you’re most likely to break down.
While it’s typically the season of delays, arming yourself with the right kit will make a big difference if you do get stuck. Remember that most these essentials are available here at Epic Accessories so drop in soon you can view our wide range and we can give you all the advice you need.
If a lorry jack-knifes ahead of you, chances are you’ll be stuck for a long time, even if you have winter tyres or snow chains. So, make up a winter emergency kit to keep in the boot – chances are you won’t need it but you’ll be glad it’s there if you do.
- A fully charged mobile phone.
- An in-car phone charger or power pack.
- Personal medication.
- First aid kit.
- A road atlas – in case of diversions.
- Sat-nav or a printed route for an unfamiliar journey.
- Your breakdown membership card.
Winter emergency kit
Keep in your car throughout the winter:
- A blanket, rug or sleeping bag.
- Ice scraper and de-icer.
- Torch and batteries.
- Snacks – chocolate or cereal bars.
- Extra screenwash.